Pepa's tour of the Karst
Treat yourself to a genuine Karst experience
The courtyard of the Bunčetova homestead in Dutovlje, is home to two masterfully arranged replica gardens, called Pepa's Karst Garden and Pepa's Story, the unique staging of the natural and cultural heritage of the Karst, local cultural traditions and art, created by the designer Borut Benedejčič.
Pepa's Karst Garden, winner of the Small Gardens Gold Medal at the Hampton Court Palace Flower Show in 2009, and Pepa's Story, winner of the Gold Medal at the Chelsea Flower Show in London in 2012, focus on the Karst woman Pepa as a hospitable hostess who introduces her visitors to the heritage of the Karst through a walk in the garden and storytelling, and welcomes them to a wonderful Karst experience.
"Pepa's Tour of the Karst" is a unique experience where Pepa takes you for a walk from her gardens, along the Teran circular wine trail, into the semi-past history of the Karst countryside and, in the process, introduces you to the story of the strong women of the Karst villages. Along the way, she entrusts you with carrying her basket and reveals the secrets of the Karst land, and among the picturesque Karst vineyards, she lays out a blanket and invites you to a Karst marenda of local delicacies from local producers. Right up until the time of your return to the Bunčetova homestead, Pepa seeks your company expressing a great love for her hometown, respect for the local people, and, above all, a deep feeling for the local nature, with which the Karst people have lived and coexisted for millennia, even though it has been quite the struggle for them too.
The package includes:
- a guided and participatory walk through Pepa's Gardens and the Karst land with a presentation of the specific features of the Karst landscape, local culture, and traditions,
- a Karst marenda among the vineyards,
- a souvenir.
- when booking for 2 persons: 78,00 € per person
- when booking for 3 to 5 persons: 58,00 € per person
- when booking for 6 to 15 persons: 38,00 € per person
- family (2 adults, 1 child 10–14 years): 166,00 € (each additional child 10,00 € per child)
From April to October by prior arrangement.