Through Štanjel through time
Štanjel is one of the oldest settlements in the Karst. Due to its strategic location, the Turn hill, on which the terraced settlement is spread today, has been inhabited since prehistoric times.
Invisible traces from the Bronze and Iron Ages, when Štanjel was a prehistoric hillfort, protected by stone walls, will be revealed to you by the virtual boy Aviko. The boy from prehistory will guide you through the points, marked with a special QR code, and walk you Through Štanjel through time.
- Self-guided tour of Štanjel with the help of an application downloaded at the Tourist Information Centre Štanjel.
- Walk through eight points, guided by an avatar.
- Discovery of prehistoric Štanjel from the Bronze and Iron Ages when there was a hillfort.
- Visit to the village square with the Karst House and the well.
- Getting to know about life in a prehistoric hillfort.
- Visit to the prehistoric Štanjel acropolis with the Gledanica tower, which offers views of landscapes ranging from the mountains to the sea.
- Visit of the remains of the northern tower.
A guided tour in the company of a local tourist guide:
- Adults: EUR 3.00/person
- School groups (primary, secondary school and university), pensioners*: EUR 2.50/person
- Extra fee for a guide for groups of fewer than 50 people: EUR 60.
* proof of status must be presented
Possible surcharges in case of self-guided tour:
- Rental of a tablet for a self-guided tour with Aviko, the boy from prehistory, for 2 hours for up to 6 people: € 20.
- Rental of a tablet for a self-guided tour with Aviko, the boy from prehistory, for 2 hours for up to 6 people, and one prehistoric souvenir: € 34.
- Deposit: € 100 or reservation of funds (note: The deposit is non-refundable in case of damage or theft of the tablet)
Every day of the year, during the opening hours of the Štanjel Castle Visitor Centre.