Orel wine cellar
At the Orel farm in Avber, the highest-elevation village in the Karst located at 400 m above sea level, you will truly feel free as a bird (in Slovenian ‘orel’ means ‘eagle’). Besides premium and award-winning wines, a peculiarity of the farm is the organically-bred and Slovenia's very own Cika cattle.
The Orel wines will undoubtedly instill you some of the power of this royal bird since the location offers magnificent views of the entire Karst. You will taste Teran, Vitovska Grganja, Malvazija and other premium quality wines which have received many awards and prizes.
- Tasting of Karst wines
Includes: 4 samples of wine and a snack
Duration: 30 minutes
- Tasting of Karst wines with a guided tour
Includes: 4 samples of wine, a platter of cold meats, house specialty, bread or breadsticks and a guided tour of the wine cellar
Duration: 45 minutes
- Monday (at 11.00, 15.00, 18.00)
- Tuesday (at 11.00, 15.00, 18.00)
- Wednesday (at 11.00, 15.00, 18.00)
- Thursday (at 11.00, 15.00, 18.00)
- Friday (at 11.00, 15.00, 18.00)
- Saturday (at 11.00, 15.00, 18.00)
- Sunday (at 11.00, 15.00, 18.00)
Contact person: Matjaž Orel
Telephone: 00 386 41 850 811
To register, first reserve your intended date and arrival time by telephone or e-mail at least 24h in advance.