If you’re attracted by lavender fields in full bloom…
If you want to get to become familiar with the inhabitants of the wondrous gmajna grasslands…
If you wish to know everything about lavender in the Karst…
If you’re tempted by lavender flavours and homemade liqueurs…
If you’re interested in the architecture of the wondrous Karst…, then the “WONDROUS experiences” are ideal for you!
We are the first and one of the biggest producers of lavender in the Karst. We grow different types of lavender organically and process it in our distillery and drying room. You can take a look and buy lavender products at the Bučeva homestead, our Krasna cosmetic products and our Florian organic detergents. In the framework of tourist-educational work on the farm, we also offer guided tours of our fields and premises where lavender is processed and are pleased to welcome you in the courtyard of our typical Karst homestead. In addition, we offer various workshops by prior arrangement.
The programme includes:
- a lavender-inspired drink served in a typical Karst courtyard, called borjač,
- a brief introduction to the history of lavender production in the Karst,
- a tour of lavender fields (walking distance: 0.5 km),
- a visit to the drying room,
- a lecture on types of lavender,
- a distillation process and a lecture on essential oils and hydrosols,
- a look at our final products with a chance to purchase them,
- a tasting of homemade liqueurs,
- a guided tour of our renovated typical Karst homestead that received a prize in the framework of the European ‘Renovation School’ programme.
We are open from 15 April to 15 September from 10.00 to 18.00, and we only accept guests by prior arrangement.