With the Karst wildling Satureja to a world of spicy wonders
An experiential and sensory walk through the Belajevi Herbal Estate
What can high-quality Mediterranean spices and edible wild herbs do for us, how can they benefit our health and well-being, and how can we use them daily?
Hi there – tune in to Karst nature! With your host Satureja, discover the secrets of nature's fragrant and wild gifts, which have been known for thousands of years to be extremely powerful, health-preserving and even life-extending. During the sensory walk through the eco-friendly estate, discover the wonderful essences that can be used to enrich dishes, which are beneficial and nowadays even much needed. Embark on a journey of exploration, pleasure and joy. Refine your senses – for yourself and for a healthy and vital longevity.
The package includes:
- Belajevi Herbal Gardens - guided herbal walk with an active sensory herb-picking experience (wild and cultivated vegetables, spices). Presentation of the homestead's green mission, practical experience of growing top-quality spices, learning about the organic techniques of revitalising the soil for amateur gardeners, and useful solutions for home herbal self-sufficiency.
- The kitchen of personal health benefits – useful tips on using herbs and wild foods for health promotion and culinary application.
- The 1839 Karst homestead – a tour of the ethnological part of the homestead with a presentation of typical elements of Karst architecture (black kitchen with its open fireplace called 'spahnjenca', a Karst well, dry stone walls, etc.).
- A spicy culinary workshop with a Satureja marenda.
- A souvenir.
- 400,00 € per group
The content of this publication is the responsibility of the partners of the Karst Gardens operation • Komunala Sežana d.d., Municipality of Komen, Maks Fabiani Institute, ORA Krasa in Brkinov d.o.o., Krasna, Andrejka Cerkvenik s.p. The managing authority designated for implementing the Rural Development Programme of the Republic of Slovenia for 2014-2020 is the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Food.
- 20. Mai - 10. July 2023,
- 1. September – 15. October 2023
+386 41 697 737
info at-no-spam belajevi dot-no-spam si