Wine cellar Tavčar - Pri Starčih
At Pri Starčih farm (Vinska klet Tavčar - Pri Starčih), the winegrowing tradition has passed from one generation to the next for over 400 years. This is the home of premium wines, along with sparkling wines, liqueurs and brandies. In their oldest sections of the vineyards, some of them going back more than 50 years, the grapes for the most vintage of wines ripen.
Come and experience a wine tasting in a typical Karst wine cellar or even among the vines. The Pri Starčih estate, owned by the Tavčar family, is located in the village of Križ, amidst sunlit vineyards and fields. The family is proud of its Teran wine, which has been given several awards, as well as its Vitovska Grganja and Malvazija. The family’s Selected Teran was proclaimed 2016 Champion and its Merlot 2012 Champion of the Karst Wine Route.
- Tasting of Karst wines
Includes: 4 samples of wine and a snack
Duration: 30 minutes
- Tasting of Karst wines with a tour
Includes: 4 samples of wine, a platter of cold meats and a guided tour of the wine cellar
Duration: 45 minutes
- Gourmet tasting of Karst wines
A special feature of the tasting is the selection of high-quality and award-winning wines.
Includes: 3 samples of wine, a platter of cold meats and a guided tour of the wine cellar
Duration: 60 minutes
Gourmet products of the Tavčar – Pri Starčih wine cellar
- Merlot 2012 – Champion of the Karst Wine Route in 2019
- Teran 2015 – Champion of the ‘Wine of Slovenia’ competition, Gornja Radgona in 2016
- Teran 2013 – Gold Medal at the ‘Wine of Slovenia’ competition, Gornja Radgona in 2018
- Teran 2018 – Gold Medal at the ‘Wine of Slovenia’ competition, Gornja Radgona in 2019 – Champion of the ‘In the Heart of the Land of Teran Wine’ event in 2019
- Vitovska – barrique 2015
- Orange wine – Vitovska, Malvazija
- Monday (at 11.00, 16.00, 18.00)
- Tuesday (at 11.00, 16.00, 18.00)
- Wednesday (at 11.00, 16.00, 18.00)
- Thursday (at 11.00, 16.00, 18.00)
- Friday (at 11.00, 16.00, 18.00)
- Saturday (at 11.00, 16.00, 18.00)
Contact person: Katjuša Tavčar
Telephone: 00 386 31 329 622
To register, first reserve your intended date and arrival time by telephone or e-mail.