Wine cellar Tavčar - Pri Starčih
At Pri Starčih farm, the winegrowing tradition has been passed from one generation to generation for over 400 years. This is the home of premium wines, along with sparkling wines, liqueurs and brandies. In the oldest section of their vineyards, some of them going back more than 50 years, the grapes for the most vintage of wines ripen.
Come and experience a wine tasting in a typical Karst wine cellar or even among the vines. The Pri Starčih estate, owned by the Tavčar family, is located in the village of Križ, amidst sunlit vineyards and fields. The family is proud of its Teran wine, which has been given several awards, as well as its Vitovska Grganja and Malvazija. The family’s Selected Teran was proclaimed 2016 Champion and its Merlot 2012 Champion of the Karst Wine Route.
- Tasting of Karst wines
Includes: 4 samples of wine and a snack
Duration: 30 minutes
- Tasting of Karst wines with a tour
Includes: 4 samples of wine, a platter of cold meats, house specialty, bread or breadsticks and a guided tour of the wine cellar
Duration: 45 minutes
- Gourmet tasting of Karst wines
A special feature of the tasting is the selection of high-quality and award-winning wines.
Includes: 3 samples of wine, a platter of cold meats, house specialty, bread or breadsticks and a guided tour of the wine cellar
Duration: 60 minutes
Gourmet products of the Tavčar – Pri Starčih wine cellar
- Selected Teran 2015, 2016 Champion
- Merlot 2012 – Champion of the Karst Wine Route in 2019 – matured in barrique barrels for 6 years
- Malvasia 2012 – extended maceration, matured in barrique barrels for 6 years
- Vitovska orange 2018 – 100 days of maceration in a concrete egg
- Fortified Teran wine – matured in a cherry barrel
- Monday (at 11.00, 15.00, 18.00)
- Tuesday (at 11.00, 15.00, 18.00)
- Wednesday (at 11.00, 15.00, 18.00)
- Thursday (at 11.00, 15.00, 18.00)
- Friday (at 11.00, 15.00, 18.00)
- Saturday (at 11.00, 15.00, 18.00)
Contact person: Katjuša Tavčar
Telephone: 00 386 31 329 622
To register, first reserve your intended date and arrival time by telephone or e-mail at least 24h in advance.