The Špacapan family believes in the power of nature and tradition and has been enthusing its guests for nearly half a century now. The cuisine of the Špacapan house stems from the philosophy that the best flavours can only be created from the best ingredients.
Špacapanova hiša (restaurant and wine cellar) is like a Karst labyrinth of flavours and surprises. The rooms underneath the house are where the prosciutto and other meat products are dry-cured completely naturally according to the old recipes of their ancestors. They most frequently use pork meat from krškopolje (black-belted) pigs, a Slovenian autochthonous breed praised for its extraordinary quality. In a redesigned stone well, 6 metres below the surface, their homemade Karst-style cheeses mature. They keep homemade vinegars in small barrels to achieve the desired amount of patina and a specific flavour, while Miro’s wine cellar is a treasure trove of Špacapan’s premium wines and brandies.
- Tasting of Karst meat products
Includes: meat products and cheese with homemade treats, two glasses of local wine
Duration: 30 minutes
- Tasting of Karst meat products with a tour
Includes: meat products and cheese with homemade treats, two glasses of local wine and a guided tour
Duration: 45 minutes
- Gourmet tasting of Karst meat products
A special feature of the tasting is the selection of high-quality and award-winning products.
Includes: high-quality meat products and cheese with homemade treats, two glasses of local wine and a guided tour
Duration: 60 minutes
Špacapanova hiša’s Gourmet Plate:
- up to 3 gourmet appetisers made in a multiple award-winning kitchen
- original Karst prosciutto dry-cured for at least 36 months
- cured meats, dried in the bora wind and made exclusively
- the best cow, goat and sheep cheese from the Karst, matured in a Karst stone well 6 metres below the surface and Ada's homemade jams (the Zidarič farm, the farm of Vera Lipičar and the Antonič farm)
- homemade sourdough bread and butter with yeast (with traditional stone-ground flour)
- unique house brandies and vinegars
- Friday (at 11.00, 16.00, 18.00)
- Saturday (at 11.00, 16.00, 18.00)
- Sunday (at 11.00, 16.00, 18.00)
Contact person: Ago Špacapan
Telephone: 00 386 41 320 904
E-mail: info@spacapan .si
To register, first reserve your intended date and arrival time by telephone or e-mail.