VINARSTVO ŠIRCA-KODRIČ (winery)
The Vinarstvo Širca-Kodrič winery is the inspiration and hard work of two winemakers: Edvin Širca and Stane Kodrič. A houndred years ago, in the village of Godnje, which enjoys good winemaking conditions, the Širca family grafted the Refosco grapevine and supplied it to the entire Karst. The same grapevine is today used to make the exquisite Teran wine.
With much respect for their ancestors, they nourish and modernize their vineyards. The many gold and silver medals from different competitions are a testament to the excellent work involved. They will take you on a tour of their wine cellar, featuring large oak barrels, where Teran matures, as well as barriques and stainless steel vessels in which Malvazija and Vitovska Grganja mature. Explore the endless flavour intricacies in the company of the hosts.
- Tasting of Karst wines
Includes: 4 samples of wine and a snack
Duration: 30 minutes
- Tasting of Karst wines with a tour
4 samples of wine, a platter of cold meats, house specialty, bread or breadsticks, a guided tour of the wine cellar
Duration: 45 minutes
Širca- Kodrič Gourmet products
- Malvazija 2017 (gold medal at the Great American International Wine Competition, USA, 2019)
- Teran PTP (silver medal at the Great American International Wine Competition, USA, 2019)
- Jerina 2009 (bronze medal at the Great American International Wine Competition, USA, 2019)
- Cabernet 2011 (aged wine)
- Teran 2011 (aged wine)
- Monday (at 11.00, 15.00, 18.00)
- Thursday (at 11.00, 15.00, 18.00)
- Saturday (at 11.00, 15.00, 18.00)
Telephone: 00 386 31 372 047
To register, first reserve your intended date and arrival time by telephone or e-mail at least 24h in advance.