Up-to-date information for healthy holidays in the Karst and Brkini
The Karst and Brkini beckon you to come and enjoy authentic experiences and festivals, while also discovering some hidden nooks. We are aware that well-being and safety during travel are of the utmost importance. Therefore, we wish to share up-to-date information about the current situation.
After 15 September, the vaccinated-tested-recovered rule (PCT) must be met by all employees, as well as users of services or activities.
Both service providers and guests from all countries are required to comply with the recovered-vaccinated-tested requirements:
- accommodation Hospotality and catering establishments,
- service stations,
- wellness, hairdressing and beauty services,
- public transport,
- religious buildings and cultural instituons,
- healtcare services,
- at sports events,
- congress activities
Exceptions to meeting the recovered-vaccinated-tested rule (RVT) are as follows:
- persons under 15 years of age,
- persons who accompany a child up to the age of 15 to a healthcare provider or an adult who is unable to take care of himself or herself,
- in the case of emergency supply with basic provisions and necessities (food and beverage shops, specialised shops with pharmaceutical, medical, cosmetic and toilet products, etc., but only if they are not part of shopping centres),
- in the case of emergency medical assistance
The provider must verify if the consumer meets the recovered-vaccinated-tested rule before they enter the indoor spaces of gastronomy facilities, accommodation facilities, convention or trade fair premises, as well as casinos. The organisers of public events, gatherings, cultural events, sports competitions, and aerial lift operators must also very the compliance with the Vaccinated-Tested-Recovered rule by the participants or users before entry.
Use of protective mask
The use of a protective mask is mandatory when moving and staying in all enclosed public places or spaces, as well as in open public places, if it is not possible to provide a distance of at least 1.5 meters between people, and in personal vehicles.
The use of face mask is not mandatory for:
- children up to the age of 6,
- performers in public cultural events,
The use of a protective mask when fulfilling the recovered-vaccinated-tested rule is not mandatory for:
- for guests in casinos, gaming parlours and specific games of chance,
- in accommodation establishments,
- in hospitality and catering establishments offering dancing music or social event programme,
- in the premises where the hospitality and catering activity where preparing and serving food and drinks is performed,
- in open public places or places where the recovered-vaccinated-tested rule (RVT) is observed.
Testing for foreign tourists with quick tests is self-funding and takes place at various locations across Slovenia. See in which locations foreigners can obtain payable tests, and check whether it is necessary to make an appointment in advance and what is required for your swab to be taken.
Useful information and safety guidelines for carefree travel to Slovenia.
Up-to-date information is available at the website of the National Institute of Public Health – NIJZ.
Information about crossing the state borders is available HERE.