Cross-border Geopark Karst-Carso Week
A week of boundless exploration of the Classic Karst.
Discover the secrets of the Karst underground, walk through the Karst cave, sample Karst cuisine, and learn about the Karst man's heritage, and much more. Discover the Classic Karst cross-border geopark!
Numerous free cross-border events in Slovenian and Italian will take place between May 23 and June 5, connecting the entire area of the Classic Karst.
- 23th May Introduction to the Cross-Border Geopark in the Karst
- from 23th May to 3rd June Lessons on geology and Karst formation (for elementary schools in the area of the cross-border geopark Karst-Carso)
- 27th May Presentation of the Science Day "Man and Karst" (for school representatives)
- 27th May Guided hike through the Glinščica valley
- 28th May Cross-border guided hike through the Living Museum of Karst and the Scattered Museum of Water on Karst thematic routes-CANCELED
- 29th May Guided cross-border hike "Medvek and its Java" -CANCELED
- From 29th May to 5th June Guided tours of Karst caves
- 30th May Guided geological hike along the Škocjan Learning Path
- 31st May Cross-border educational workshop "Tour along the Emerging Cross-border Geopark in the Karst" (set of trainings for guides)
- 1st June Professional-educational workshop of the Cross-border Karst-Carso Geopark with a social programme (for local participants)
- 1st June Guided tour of "Geo-discovery of Carsiana"
- 2nd June Geo-cycling trip in the vicinity of the Nabrežinske quarries
- 2nd June Guided tour of the Lipica quarry
- 3rd June Guided trip through Doberdob - exploring Doberdob's intermittent lake
- 4th June A journey through the forest in search of a geo-treasure along the Josef Ressl Learning Path and a hunt for the Geostationarity of the Igovec Forest
- 5th June Guided hike on the Rilke Trail over the Sistiana Bay
Registration: Due to the limited number of attendees at the event, registration is required. Registrations are accepted via e-mail at email@example.com until the event is full, or up to 3 days before the event. In the event of inclement weather, the event will be cancelled, and you will be notified as soon as possible.
The event is part of the cross-border geopark Karst-Carso Week, which is organized within the framework of the GeoKarst project. The project is co-financed by the Interreg V-A Italy-Slovenia Cooperation Programme (European Regional Development Fund). A cross-border geopark is being established as part of the project in the cross-border area of the Karst plateau, known as the Classic Karst, to connect, among other things, the cross-border tourist offer.