The spectacular experiences of worlds of wonder
Alongside the mighty underworld and the landscape of unique wonders, shaped by nature and man in harmony over millennia, the gardens of the Karst region beckon the visitor to explore surprising worlds. These are the gardens that were once designed for their own comfort by the nobility around their villas and mansions, and the gardens that people created around their simple dwellings over the centuries so that they could find the strength for survival in the poor Karst soil.
Today, these Karst sanctuaries, united under the name of Karst Gardens, captivate us with all their external and intrinsic beauty, unveiling it through wondrous experiences.
We welcome you to authentic journeys that take you on a journey through space and time, in a completely original experience in each garden, to discover the pricelessness of the historical, cultural, and natural treasures and the exceptional value of each garden and of the Karst environment as a whole.
Welcome to Karst Gardens for unique experiences of wondrous worlds:
- Botanical Garden by Villa Mirasasso, Sežana: Through the Garden by Villa Mirasasso with Myrtò Scaramangà
- Ferrari Garden, Štanjel: The Ferrari Garden – a family portrait
- Villa Fabiani, Kobdilj - Štanjel: Historic garden of Villa Fabiani
- Pepa’s Karst Garden, Dutovlje: Pepa's tour of the Karst
- Herbal gardens Belajevi, Kačiče: With the Karst wildling Satureja to a world of spicy wonders
The content of this publication is the responsibility of the partners of the Karst Gardens operation • Komunala Sežana d.d., Municipality of Komen, Maks Fabiani Institute, ORA Krasa in Brkinov d.o.o., Krasna, Andrejka Cerkvenik s.p. The managing authority designated for implementing the Rural Development Programme of the Republic of Slovenia for 2014-2020 is the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Food.
Click on each garden to view the experience it offers.