Jernej Bortolato – the stonecutter
The master stonecutter Jernej Bortolato (kamnosek Jernej Bortolato) is one of the greatest ambassadors of the beauty of stone in Slovenia. His Karst stone works of art, which are often practical, stem from traditional forms and the stone design heritage. The Art&Crafts Certificate and the highest Slovenian handicraft and art 'Golden Tendril' award (‘Zlata vitica’) prove that you are in the presence of a great master.
Jernej wants his works of art to also offer the new owner a practical value, so he will teach you some basic secrets of stone-cutting and design. Together with him, you will make a small souvenir for your home. You can also buy or order unique works at Bortolato’s workshop.
- Experience with karst stone
Includes: a visit to the stone-cutting shop and making of a souvenir from stone
Duration: 45 minutes
- Experience with karst stone and a visit to a small winery
Includes: a visit to the stone-cutting shop, making of a souvenir from stone, and a visit to a small winery
Duration: 60 minutes
You will make a unique souvenir for yourself with the help of a master craftsman, and visit a small winery:
- stone magnet with a carved motive
- tasting of excellent wine in a nearby small winery
- Monday (at 11.00, 16.00, 18.00)
- Tuesday (at 11.00, 16.00, 18.00)
- Friday (at 11.00, 16.00, 18.00)
- Saturday (at 11.00, 16.00, 18.00)
- Sunday (at 11.00, 16.00, 18.00)
Contact person: Jernej Bortolato
Telephone: 00 386 41 524 069
To register, first reserve your intended date and arrival time by telephone or e-mail.