Grajžarjevi snack bar
Grajžarjeva marenda is located in the centre of the picturesque medieval village of Štanjel, just a step away from the famous Karst House. The offer of exquisite culinary specialties is combined with a visit to an ethnological collection that depicts life in the Karst, marked by red soil and stone.
Are you familiar with “marenda”, an old word from the Primorska region? It means a snack or simple lunch and it melts in the mouth, like any Karst delicacy. Here you will be offered exquisite Karst prosciutto that is sliced using a legendary manual prosciutto slicer, accompanied by a glass of Teran wine made by a local winemaker. When the flavours at Grajžarjeva marenda merge with the hospitality, Karst stories and views from the Štanjel village, you will think that time has stopped.
- Tasting of Karst meat products
Includes: meat products and cheese with homemade treats, two glasses of local wine
Duration: 30 minutes
- Tasting of Karst meat products with a tour
Includes: meat products and cheese with homemade treats, two glasses of local wine and a guided tour
Duration: 45 minutes
- Gourmet tasting of Karst meat products
A special feature of the tasting is the selection of high-quality and award-winning products.
Includes: high-quality meat products and cheese with homemade treats, two glasses of local wine and a guided tour
Duration: 60 minutes
Gourmet tasting of Karst meat products:
- dry-cured Karst prosciutto, matured for over 30 months
- matured cheese produced by local cheesemakers
- olives and bread
- 2 glasses of premium wine of higher quality (golden award at the Gornja Radgona Agricultural Fair)
- liqueur or brandy
- a kamishibai story and a guided tour of the Karst House, featuring an ethnological collection
- Wednesday (at 11.00, 16.00, 18.00)
- Friday (at 11.00, 16.00, 18.00)
- Saturday (at 11.00, 16.00, 18.00)
Due to the annual leave they will be closed from 20/7/2020 to 26/7/2020.
Contact person: Vlasta Markočič
Telephone: 00 386 31 541 636, 00 386 31 675 454
To register, first reserve your intended date and arrival time by telephone or e-mail.