Zeliščno posestvo Belajevi (herbal estate)
On the Belajevi herbal estate, you will experience the culinary, natural, cultural and therapeutic heritage of the Karst in one place. The house’s herbal heroine Satureja will accompany you on the walk through the herb gardens and plantations with spices. As a culinary treat, you will taste Belajevi herbal products.
Welcome to the herbal estate, where 180 years of dedication to nature and heritage is reflected today in the innovative implementation of green ideas, ecological and ethical approach and authentic experiential and culinary programs of the host Andrejka and her friends.
During the active two-hour experience on the estate, you will get to know:
• the real power of sub-Mediterranean spices, wild edible plants and natural solutions to strengthen y herbal self-confidence your home kitchen (GUIDED SENSORY TOUR OF THE HERBAL PROPERTY WITH USEFUL TIPS AND PRACTICAL EXPERIENCE),
• authentic smells and tastes that live in Belajevi's Living Kitchen (SPICY KARST ‘MARENDA’) and hang with Satureja - a karst ‘divjinka’ that ennobles the estate,
• sustainable innovative techniques of tillage and resuscitation in the home garden, in a high shaft … (PRESENTATION WITH DEMONSTRATION),
• exceptional stonemasonry masterpieces in the heart of the homestead, and an interesting story about why four generations ago the good reputation about the Belajevi family got all the way to the emperor's circles (VIEW OF THE HERITAGE PART OF THE PROPERTY).
Gourmet tasting of Karst culinary specialties
A special feature of the tasting is the selection of high-quality and award-winning products.
Includes: herbal snack from the Living kitchen with a tasting of house products, fresh spices and karst mountain savory
Duration: 60 minutes
Gourmet tasting of Karst culinary specialties:
- Satureja pate' with red beans, winter savoury and fresh home-grown herbs on a corn cake (vegan)
- fragrant cottage cheese with fresh house and karst saturea on a slice of home-baked bread,
- flower of karst pancetta and spicy homemade jam,
- tasting of house products and crops: e.g. Satureja's fine salt with karst winter savoury, Istrian olive oil, Satureja's cream honey with winter savoury, fresh spices
- seasonal herbal drink, tasting of house wine from the Karst wine-growing area
- Saturday: 12/6/2021 – 10/7/2021 (from 16.00 to 18.00)
- Sunday: 13/6/2021 – 18/7/2021 (from 16.00 to 18.00)
Contact person: Andreja Cerkvenik
Telephone: 00 386 41 697 737
To register, first reserve your intended date and arrival time by telephone or e-mail at least 24h in advance.