The Atelšek estate (Čebelarstvo Atelšek) is the epitome of Karst traditional and nature-friendly beekeeping. Here you will be enthused with a tasting of bee honey and other honey products.
The Atelšek family is one of the best known Slovenian beekeepers, producing Karst honey with a protected appellation of origin. The childhood dream of Ivan Atelšek has come true and today he owns 200 beehives. The family offers all of its delicious and healing bee honey products under the Kraški med (‘Karst honey’) brand. Besides honey, you can also find propolis, royal jelly and pollen.
- Tasting of Karst culinary specialties
Includes: 3 samples of house specialties, a glass of non-alcoholic drink and presentation of the production process
Duration: 30 minutes
The presentation includes:
- a tasting of Karst honey with a protected designation of origin
- a tasting of other honey products
- an exhibition of beekeeping equipment
- a demonstration of work in the bee house
- a presentation of honey extraction
- Monday (at 11.00, 16.00, 18.00)
- Tuesday (at 11.00, 16.00, 18.00)
- Wednesday (at 11.00, 16.00, 18.00)
- Thursday (at 11.00, 16.00, 18.00)
- Friday (at 11.00, 16.00, 18.00)
- Saturday (at 11.00, 16.00, 18.00)
- Sunday (at 11.00, 16.00, 18.00)
Contact person: Ivan Atelšek
Telephone: 00 386 41 649 142
To register, first reserve your intended date and arrival time by telephone or e-mail.